This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This glibc update fixes a critical privilege escalation problem and
the following security and non security issues :
- bnc#892073: An off-by-one error leading to a heap-based
buffer overflow was found in __gconv_translit_find(). An
exploit that targets the problem is publicly available.
- bnc#772242: Replace scope handing with master state
- bnc#779320: Fix buffer overflow in strcoll
- bnc#818630: Fall back to localhost if no nameserver
- bnc#828235: Fix missing character in IBM-943 charset
- bnc#828637: Fix use of alloca in gaih_inet
- bnc#834594: Fix readdir_r with long file names
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected glibc packages
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.2
Public Exploit Available : true