This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This Apache2 LTSS roll-up update for SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP3 LTSS
fixes the following security issues and bugs :
- CVE-2012-4557: Denial of Service via special requests in
- CVE-2012-0883: improper LD_LIBRARY_PATH handling
- CVE-2012-2687: filename escaping problem
- CVE-2012-0031: Fixed a scoreboard corruption (shared mem
segment) by child causes crash of privileged parent
(invalid free()) during shutdown.
- CVE-2012-0053: Fixed an issue in error responses that
could expose 'httpOnly' cookies when no custom
ErrorDocument is specified for status code 400'.
- The SSL configuration template has been adjusted not to
suggested weak ciphers CVE-2007-6750: The
'mod_reqtimeout' module was backported from Apache
2.2.21 to help mitigate the 'Slowloris' Denial of
You need to enable the 'mod_reqtimeout' module in your
existing apache configuration to make it effective, e.g.
in the APACHE_MODULES line in /etc/sysconfig/apache2.
- CVE-2011-3639, CVE-2011-3368, CVE-2011-4317: This update
also includes several fixes for a mod_proxy reverse
exposure via RewriteRule or ProxyPassMatch directives.
- CVE-2011-1473: Fixed the SSL renegotiation DoS by
disabling renegotiation by default.
- CVE-2011-3607: Integer overflow in ap_pregsub function
resulting in a heap-based buffer overflow could
potentially allow local attackers to gain privileges
Additionally, some non-security bugs have been fixed which are listed
in the changelog file.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected apache2 packages
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.9
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.4
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 83578 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now