This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
The ClamAV antivirus engine was updated to version 0.98.7 to fix
several security and non-security issues.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed (bsc#929192) :
- CVE-2015-2170: Fix crash in upx decoder with crafted
file. Discovered and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej
- CVE-2015-2221: Fix infinite loop condition on crafted
y0da cryptor file. Identified and patch suggested by
Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- CVE-2015-2222: Fix crash on crafted petite packed file.
Reported and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej
- CVE-2015-2668: Fix an infinite loop condition on a
crafted 'xz' archive file. This was reported by Dimitri
Kirchner and Goulven Guiheux.
- CVE-2015-2305: Apply upstream patch for possible heap
overflow in Henry Spencer's regex library.
The following bugfixes were applyed (bsc#929192) :
- Fix false negatives on files within iso9660 containers.
This issue was reported by Minzhuan Gong.
- Fix a couple crashes on crafted upack packed file.
Identified and patches supplied by Sebastian Andrzej
- Fix a crash during algorithmic detection on crafted PE
file. Identified and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej
- Fix compilation error after ./configure
--disable-pthreads. Reported and fix suggested by John
- Fix segfault scanning certain HTML files. Reported with
sample by Kai Risku.
- Improve detections within xar/pkg files.
- Improvements to PDF processing: decryption, escape
sequence handling, and file property collection.
- Scanning/analysis of additional Microsoft Office 2003
See also :
Update the affected clamav packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.8