This script is Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by
The version of Google Chrome installed on the remote Mac OS X host is
prior to 42.0.2311.90. It is, therefore, affected by multiple
- A cross-origin bypass vulnerability exists due to an
unspecified flaw in the HTML parser. (CVE-2015-1235)
- A cross-origin bypass vulnerability exists due to a flaw
in MediaElementAudioSourceNode.cpp when handling audio
- A use-after-free error exists in render_frame_impl.cc
due to improper handling of a frame when it receives
messages while detaching. An attacker can exploit this
flaw to dereference already freed memory and execute
arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-1237)
- An unspecified out-of-bounds write flaw exists in the
Skia filters. (CVE-2015-1238)
- An out-of-bounds read flaw exists in WebGL due to
improper handling of ES3 commands. An attacker can
exploit this flaw to disclose memory contents.
- An unspecified tap-jacking flaw exists when certain tap
events aren't preceded by TapDown events. An attacker
can exploit this to direct taps to cross-pages and
- A type confusion error exists in the
ReduceTransitionElementsKind() function in
hydrogen-check-elimination.cc. An attacker can exploit
this error to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-1242)
- A flaw exists related to WebSocket connections due to
HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) not being strictly
enforced. A man-in-the-middle attacker can exploit this
flaw to view and manipulate protected communication.
- A use-after-free error exists in
open_pdf_in_reader_view.cc due to improper handling
handling the 'Open PDF in Reader' bubble on navigations.
An attacker can exploit this flaw to dereference already
freed memory and execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-1245)
- An unspecified out-of-bounds read flaw exists in Blink.
An attacker can exploit this to disclose memory
- A flaw exists in the OnPageHasOSDD() function in
search_engine_tab_helper.cc due to improper handling
of URLs for the OpenSearch descriptor. An attacker can
exploit this flaw to disclose sensitive information.
- An unspecified flaw exists that allows an attacker to
bypass SafeBrowsing. (CVE-2015-1248)
- Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities exist that allow an
attacker to have an unspecified impact. (CVE-2015-1249)
- Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities exist in V8 that
allow an attacker to cause a denial of service and
other unspecified impacts.
- A media permission handling weakness exists due to
camera and microphone permissions being merged into a
single 'Media' permission. An attacker can exploit this,
via a specially crafted website, to turn on a victim's
camera while the victim believes camera access is
- A flaw exists due to missing address space usage
limitation (RLIMIT_AS and RLIMIT_DATA) in the Native
Client (NaCl) process. This allows a remote attacker to
run a crafted program in the NaCl sandbox and to conduct
row-hammer attacks. (CVE-2015-3335)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead
relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
See also :
Upgrade to Google Chrome 42.0.2311.90 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.9
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: MacOS X Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 82826 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2015-1235
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now