This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
tcpdump was updated to fix five vulnerabilities in protocol printers
When running tcpdump, a remote unauthenticated user could have crashed
the application or, potentially, execute arbitrary code by injecting
crafted packages into the network.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed :
- IPv6 mobility printer remote DoS (CVE-2015-0261,
- PPP printer remote DoS (CVE-2014-9140, bnc#923142)
- force printer remote DoS (CVE-2015-2155, bnc#922223)
- ethernet printer remote DoS (CVE-2015-2154, bnc#922222)
- tcp printer remote DoS (CVE-2015-2153, bnc#922221)
See also :
Update the affected tcpdump packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5