This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
MozillaFirefox, mozilla-nss were updated to fix 18 security issues.
MozillaFirefox was updated to version 36.0. These security issues were
- CVE-2015-0835, CVE-2015-0836: Miscellaneous memory
- CVE-2015-0832: Appended period to hostnames can bypass
HPKP and HSTS protections
- CVE-2015-0830: Malicious WebGL content crash when
- CVE-2015-0834: TLS TURN and STUN connections silently
fail to simple TCP connections
- CVE-2015-0831: Use-after-free in IndexedDB
- CVE-2015-0829: Buffer overflow in libstagefright during
MP4 video playback
- CVE-2015-0828: Double-free when using non-default memory
allocators with a zero-length XHR
- CVE-2015-0827: Out-of-bounds read and write while
rendering SVG content
- CVE-2015-0826: Buffer overflow during CSS restyling
- CVE-2015-0825: Buffer underflow during MP3 playback
- CVE-2015-0824: Crash using DrawTarget in Cairo graphics
- CVE-2015-0823: Use-after-free in Developer Console date
with OpenType Sanitiser
- CVE-2015-0822: Reading of local files through
manipulation of form autocomplete
- CVE-2015-0821: Local files or privileged URLs in pages
can be opened into new tabs
- CVE-2015-0819: UI Tour whitelisted sites in background
tab can spoof foreground tabs
mozilla-nss was updated to version 3.17.4 to fix the following
- CVE-2014-1569: QuickDER decoder length issue
- bmo#1084986: If an SSL/TLS connection fails, because
client and server don't have any common protocol version
enabled, NSS has been changed to report error code
SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION (instead of reporting
- bmo#1112461: libpkix was fixed to prefer the newest
certificate, if multiple certificates match.
- bmo#1094492: fixed a memory corruption issue during
failure of keypair generation.
- bmo#1113632: fixed a failure to reload a PKCS#11 module
in FIPS mode.
- bmo#1119983: fixed interoperability of NSS server code
with a LibreSSL client.
See also :
Update the affected MozillaFirefox / mozilla-nss packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 81589 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2014-1569
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now