This script is Copyright (C) 2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
vlc was updated to the current openSUSE Tumbleweed version.
live555 was also updated to the current openSUSE Tumbleweed version as
Security issues fixed :
- Fix various buffer overflows and null ptr dereferencing
Other fixes :
- Enable SSE2 instruction set for x86_64
- Disable fluidsynth again: the crashes we had earlier are
still not all fixed. They are less, but less common
makes it more difficult to debug.
On openSUSE 13.1 :
- Update to version 2.1.5 :
+ Core: Fix compilation on OS/2.
+ Access: Stability improvements for the QTSound capture
+ Mac OS X audio output :
- Fix channel ordering.
- Increase the buffersize.
+ Decoders :
- Fix DxVA2 decoding of samples needing more surfaces.
- Improve MAD resistance to broken mp3 streams.
- Fix PGS alignment in MKV.
+ Qt Interface: Don't rename mp3 converted files to .raw.
+ Mac OS X Interface :
- Correctly support video-on-top.
- Fix video output event propagation on Macs with retina
- Stability improvements when using future VLC releases
side by side.
+ Streaming: Fix transcode when audio format changes.
+ Updated translations.
- Update to version 2.1.4 :
+ Demuxers: Fix issue in WMV with multiple compressed
payload and empty payloads.
+ Video Output: Fix subtitles size rendering on Windows.
+ Mac OS X :
- Fix DVD playback regression.
- Fix misleading error message during video playback on OS
- Fix hardware acceleration memleaks.
See also :
Update the affected vlc packages.
Risk factor :