This script is Copyright (C) 2014-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by
The version of Firefox installed on the remote Windows host is a
version prior to 34.0. It is, therefore, affected by the following
- A security bypass vulnerability exists due to the
'XrayWrappers' filter not properly validating object
properties. This allows a remote attacker to bypass
security protection mechanisms to access protected
- A security bypass vulnerability exists due to Chrome
Object Wrappers (COW) being passed as native interfaces.
This allows a remote attacker to access normally
protected objects. (CVE-2014-8632)
- A remote code execution vulnerability exists in Mozilla
Network Security Services (NSS) due to a flaw in
'quickder.c' that is triggered when handling PKCS#1
signatures during the decoding of ASN.1 DER.
- Multiple memory safety flaws exist within the browser
engine. Exploiting these, an attacker can cause a denial
of service or execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-1587,
- A security bypass vulnerability exists due improper
declaration of chrome accessible CSS primary namespaces
allowing for XML Binding Language (XBL) bindings to be
triggered remotely. (CVE-2014-1589)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists due to
XMLHttpRequest API which can result in a crash.
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists due to
Content Security Policy (CSP) violation reports
triggered by a redirect not properly removing path
information which can reveal sensitive information.
Note that this only affects Firefox 33. (CVE-2014-1591)
- A use-after-free error exists due the creation of a
second XML root element when parsing HTML written to a
document created with 'document.open()' function which
can result in arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1592)
- A buffer overflow vulnerability exists in the
'mozilla::FileBlockCache::Read' function when parsing
media which can result in arbitrary code execution.
- A casting error exists when casting from the
'BasicThebesLayer' layer to the 'BasicContainerLayer'
layer which can result in arbitrary code execution.
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 34.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.9
Public Exploit Available : false
Nessus Plugin ID: 79665 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now