This script is Copyright (C) 2014-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
xtrabackup was updated to 2.1.8 :
Disabled the 'binary version check' functionality in the VersionCheck
module due to security concerns. The automatic version check remains
disabled in the openSUSE package. [bnc#864194] CVE-2014-2029 More bugs
- do not discard read-ahead buffers through incorrect
usage of posic_fadvise() hints, which resulted in higher
I/O rate on the backup stage
- Spurious trailing data blocks that would normally be
ignored by InnoDB could lead to an assertion failure on
the backup stage
- A spurious warning message could cause issues with
third-party wrapper scripts
- xbcrypt could fail with the xbcrypt:xb_crypt_read_chunk:
unable to read chunk iv size at offset error under some
- xbstream could sometimes hang when extracting a broken
or incomplete input stream
See also :
Update the affected xtrabackup packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.8