This script is Copyright (C) 2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
Wireshark was updated to 1.8.9 [bnc#831718]
+ vulnerabilities fixed :
- The Bluetooth SDP dissector could go into a large loop
- The DIS dissector could go into a large loop
- The DVB-CI dissector could crash CVE-2013-4930
- The GSM RR dissector (and possibly others) could go into
a large loop CVE-2013-4931 wnpa-sec-2013-49
- The GSM A Common dissector could crash CVE-2013-4932
- The Netmon file parser could crash CVE-2013-4933
- The ASN.1 PER dissector could crash CVE-2013-4935
+ Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed
See also :
Update the affected wireshark packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 75104 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now