This script is Copyright (C) 2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by
The version of Firefox installed on the remote host is a version prior
to 30.0 and is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Memory issues exist that could lead to arbitrary code
execution. Note that these issues only affect Firefox
29. (CVE-2014-1533, CVE-2014-1534)
- An out-of-bounds read issue exists in
- Use-after-free memory issues exist in
'nsTextEditRules::CreateMozBR', and the SMIL Animation
Controller that could lead to code execution.
(CVE-2014-1537, CVE-2014-1538, CVE-2014-1541)
- A use-after-free memory issue exists in the event
listener manager. Note that this issue only affects
Firefox 29. (CVE-2014-1540)
- A buffer overflow issue exists in the Speex resampler
for Web Audio that could lead to code execution.
- A buffer overflow issue exists in the Gamepad API that
could lead to code execution. Note that this issue
only affects Firefox 29 on Windows 8 when a physical or
virtual gamepad is attached. (CVE-2014-1543)
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 30.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false
Nessus Plugin ID: 74440 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now