This script is Copyright (C) 2014-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple
The version of Opera installed on the remote host is prior to version
22. It is, therefore, reportedly affected by multiple vulnerabilities
in the bundled version of Chromium :
- Use-after-free errors exist related to 'styles' and
'SVG' handling. (CVE-2014-1743, CVE-2014-1745)
- An integer overflow error exists related to audio
- An out-of-bounds read error exists related to media
- A user-input validation error exists related to
handling local MHTML files that could allow
for universal cross-site scripting (UXSS) attacks.
- An unspecified error exists related to the scrollbar
that could allow UI spoofing. (CVE-2014-1748)
- Various unspecified errors. (CVE-2014-1749)
- An integer underflow error exists related to the V8
- An error exists related to the 'Blick' 'SpeechInput'
feature that could allow click-jacking and information
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead
relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
See also :
Upgrade to Opera 22 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false
Nessus Plugin ID: 74362 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now