This script is Copyright (C) 2014-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is potentially
affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of SeaMonkey is a version prior to 2.26 and is,
therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An issue exists in the Network Security (NSS) library
due to improper handling of IDNA domain prefixes for
wildcard certificates. This issue could allow man-in-
the-middle attacks. (CVE-2014-1492)
- Memory issues exist that could lead to arbitrary code
execution. (CVE-2014-1518, CVE-2014-1519)
- An out-of-bounds read issue exists in the Web Audio
feature that could lead to information disclosure.
- An out-of-bounds read issue exists when decoding
certain JPG images that could lead to a denial of
- A memory corruption issue exists due to improper
validation of XBL objects that could lead to arbitrary
code execution. (CVE-2014-1524)
- A use-after-free memory issue exists in the Text Track
Manager during HTML video processing that could lead
to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1525)
- An issue exists related to the debugger bypassing
XrayWrappers that could lead to privilege escalation.
- An out-of-bounds write issue exists in the Cairo
graphics library that could lead to arbitrary code
execution. Note that this issue only affects Firefox
28 and SeaMonkey prior to version 2.26. (CVE-2014-1528)
- A security bypass issue exists in the Web Notification
API that could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- A cross-site scripting issue exists that could allow an
attacker to load another website other than the URL for
the website that is shown in the address bar.
- A use-after-free issue exists due to an 'imgLoader'
object being freed when being resized. This issue
could lead to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2014-1531)
- A use-after-free issue exists during host resolution
that could lead to arbitrary code execution.
See also :
Upgrade to SeaMonkey 2.26 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.9
Public Exploit Available : false
Nessus Plugin ID: 73771 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now