This script is Copyright (C) 2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SuSE 11 host is missing one or more security updates.
Mozilla NSPR and NSS were updated to fix various security bugs that
could be used to crash the browser or potentially execute code.
Mozilla NSPR 4.10.2 has the following bug fixes :
- Bug 770534: Possible pointer overflow in
PL_ArenaAllocate(). Fixed by Pascal Cuoq and Kamil
- Bug 888546: ptio.c:PR_ImportUDPSocket doesn't work.
Fixed by Miloslav Trmac.
- Bug 915522: VS2013 support for NSPR. Fixed by Makoto
- Bug 927687: Avoid unsigned integer wrapping in
PL_ArenaAllocate. (CVE-2013-5607) Mozilla NSS 3.15.3 is
a patch release for NSS 3.15 and includes the following
bug fixes :
- Bug 925100: Ensure a size is <= half of the maximum
PRUint32 value. (CVE-2013-1741)
- Bug 934016: Handle invalid handshake packets.
- Bug 910438: Return the correct result in CERT_VerifyCert
on failure, if a verifyLog isn't used. (CVE-2013-5606)
See also :
Apply SAT patch number 8572 / 8573 as appropriate.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5