This script is Copyright (C) 2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SuSE 11 host is missing a security update.
This wireshark version update from 1.8.8 to 1.8.9 includes several
security and general bug fixes. (bnc#831718)
- The Bluetooth SDP dissector could go into a large loop
- The DIS dissector could go into a large loop
- The DVB-CI dissector could crash CVE-2013-4930
- The GSM RR dissector (and possibly others) could go into
a large loop CVE-2013-4931 wnpa-sec-2013-49
- The GSM A Common dissector could crash CVE-2013-4932
- The Netmon file parser could crash CVE-2013-4933 /
- The ASN.1 PER dissector could crash CVE-2013-4935
wnpa-sec-2013-52 The release also fixes various
non-security issues. Please see the package changelog
See also :
Apply SAT patch number 8318 / 8319 as appropriate.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 69893 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now