This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
WordPress 3.5.2 is now available. This is the second maintenance
release of 3.5, fixing 12 bugs. This is a security release for all
previous versions and we strongly encourage you to update your sites
immediately. The WordPress security team resolved seven security
issues, and this release also contains some additional security
The security fixes included :
- Blocking server-side request forgery attacks, which
could potentially enable an attacker to gain access to a
- Disallow contributors from improperly publishing
posts, reported by Konstantin Kovshenin, or
reassigning the post's authorship, reported by Luke
- An update to the SWFUpload external library to fix
cross-site scripting vulnerabilities. Reported by mala
and Szymon Gruszecki. (Developers: More on SWFUpload
- Prevention of a denial of service attack, affecting
sites using password-protected posts.
- An update to an external TinyMCE library to fix a
cross-site scripting vulnerability. Reported by Wan
- Multiple fixes for cross-site scripting. Reported by
Andrea Santese and Rodrigo.
- Avoid disclosing a full file path when a upload fails.
Reported by Jakub Galczyk.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected wordpress package.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 4.3
Family: Fedora Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 67317 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now