This script is Copyright (C) 2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
The SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP4 kernel has been updated to fix
various bugs and security issues.
Security issues fixed :
- The ip6_frag_queue function in net/ipv6/reassembly.c in
the Linux kernel allowed remote attackers to bypass
intended network restrictions via overlapping IPv6
- The do_video_set_spu_palette function in
fs/compat_ioctl.c in the Linux kernel lacked a certain
error check, which might have allowed local users to
obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory
via a crafted VIDEO_SET_SPU_PALETTE ioctl call on a
/dev/dvb device. (CVE-2013-1928)
Also the following bugs have been fixed :
- hugetlb: Fix regression introduced by the original
patch. (bnc#790236, bnc#819403)
- NFSv3/v2: Fix data corruption with NFS short reads.
- Fix package descriptions in specfiles. (bnc#817666)
- TTY: fix atime/mtime regression. (bnc#815745)
- virtio_net: ensure big packets are 64k. (bnc#760753)
- virtio_net: refill rx buffers when oom occurs.
- qeth: fix qeth_wait_for_threads() deadlock for OSN
devices (bnc#812317, LTC#90910).
- nfsd: remove unnecessary NULL checks from
- knfsd: Fixed problem with NFS exporting directories
which are mounted on. (bnc#810628)
See also :
Apply ZYPP patch number 8587.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0