This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
A mail server on the remote Windows host is potentially affected by
The remote Windows host is running a version of Alt-N MDaemon that is
earlier than 13.0.4. It is, therefore, potentially affected by the
following vulnerabilities :
- An error exists related to the 'Strip X-Headers'
setting that could allow the application to crash.
- An input validation error exists related to displaying
email body data that could allow cross-site scripting
attacks. (Issue #10385)
- A weakness exists related to the generation of session
IDs that could allow an attacker to hijack user
sessions. (Issue #10386)
- An input validation error exists related to the
'Session' parameter that could allow an attacker to
obtain encoded credential data. (Issue #10389)
- An input validation error exists related to 'WebAdmin'
and account imports that could allow command execution.
- An error exists related to the IMAP server that could
allow plaintext command injection because the server
does not properly switch from plaintext to ciphertext
when handling the 'STARTTLS' command. (Issue #10452)
See also :
Upgrade to Alt-N MDaemon version 13.0.4 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.0
Public Exploit Available : true