This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
Microsoft Publisher, a component of Microsoft Office installed on the
remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The Publisher component of Microsoft Office installed on the remote
host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- The application has a negative value allocation
- The application has an integer overflow vulnerability.
- The application has a corrupt interface pointer
- The application has a return value handling
- The application has a buffer overflow vulnerability.
- The application has a return value validation
- The application has an invalid range check
- The application has an incorrect NULL value handling
- The application has a signed integer vulnerability.
- The application has a pointer handling vulnerability.
- The application has a buffer underflow vulnerability.
A remote attacker could exploit these by tricking a user into opening
a specially crafted Publisher file, resulting in remote code
See also :
Microsoft has released a set of patches for Microsoft Publisher 2003
SP3, 2007 SP3, and 2010 SP1.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.9
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: Windows : Microsoft Bulletins
Nessus Plugin ID: 66417 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now