This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Significant package cleanup, including :
- remove dependency on fedora-usermgmt
- merge tor-core, tor-systemd and torify into previously
empty tor package
- remove unnecessary /var/run/tor
- disallow group read for /var/log/tor
- use --defaults-torrc as recommended by upstream
- increase LimitNOFILE in tor.service from 4096 to 32768
- torify subpackage should depend on torsocks not tsocks
(#908569) Fix outstanding security issues, plus
package cleanup torify subpackage should depend on
torsocks not tsocks
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected tor package.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0