This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Unix host has an application that is affected by multiple
The version of Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.0 installed on the
remote host is affected by multiple security issues :
- A vulnerability in the JRE could allow unauthorized
access to certain URL resources or cause a denial of
service condition while processing XML data. In order to
successfully exploit this issue, a JAX-WS client/service
included with a trusted application should process the
malicious XML content (238628).
- A vulnerability in the JRE may allow an untrusted applet
to access information from another applet (238687).
- A buffer overflow vulnerability in Java Web Start could
allow an untrusted applet to elevate its privileges to
read, write and execute local applications available to
users running an untrusted application (238905).
- A vulnerability in Java Web Start could allow an
untrusted application to create or delete arbitrary
files subject to the privileges of the user running the
- A vulnerability in Java Web Start may disclose the
location of Java Web Start cache (238905).
- A vulnerability in Sun Java Management Extensions (JMX)
could allow a JMX client running on a remote host to
perform unauthorized actions on a host running JMX with
local monitoring enabled (238965).
- A vulnerability in the JRE could allow an untrusted
applet / application to elevate its privileges to
read, write and execute local applications with the
privileges of the user running an untrusted applet
- A vulnerability in the JRE may allow an untrusted
applet to establish connections to services running on
the localhost and potentially exploit vulnerabilities
existing in the underlying JRE (238968).
See also :
Update to Sun Java JDK and JRE 6 Update 7 or later and remove, if
necessary, any affected versions.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.4
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 64833 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now