This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Among other things this update fixes a vulnerability with corrupt XWD
files and a crash with newer versions of fontconfig when gimp is quit.
Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.8.2 to GIMP 2.8.4
- Better names for the default filters in save and export
- Make tool drawing (esp. the brush outline) much more
- Remember the 'maximized' state across sessions
- Simplify the splash image code a lot, makes it appear
- Allow the text tool to start on an image without
- Various fixes for text style attribute handling
- Set unconfigured input devices to eraser if GTK+ says
they are erasers
- Make libgimp drawable combo boxes aware of layer groups
- Fix item width in GimpPageSelector (used e.g. in PDF
- Better default values in the Drop Shadow script
- Fix a whole bunch of bugs in the BMP plug-in
- Lots of bug fixes
- Lots of translation updates
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected gimp package.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.5
Public Exploit Available : false