This script is Copyright (C) 2013-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote FreeBSD host is missing a security-related update.
Project changelog reports :
This patch addresses three possible buffer overflows in function
unique_service_name().The three issues have the folowing CVE numbers :
- CVE-2012-5958 Issue #2: Stack buffer overflow of Tempbuf
- CVE-2012-5959 Issue #4: Stack buffer overflow of Event->UDN
- CVE-2012-5960 Issue #8: Stack buffer overflow of Event->UDN
Notice that the following issues have already been dealt by previous
- CVE-2012-5961 Issue #1: Stack buffer overflow of Evt->UDN
- CVE-2012-5962 Issue #3: Stack buffer overflow of Evt->DeviceType
- CVE-2012-5963 Issue #5: Stack buffer overflow of Event->UDN
- CVE-2012-5964 Issue #6: Stack buffer overflow of Event->DeviceType
- CVE-2012-5965 Issue #7: Stack buffer overflow of Event->DeviceType
See also :
Update the affected package.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
Public Exploit Available : true
Family: FreeBSD Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 64374 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now