This script is Copyright (C) 2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SuSE 11 host is missing a security update.
wireshark was updated to 1.4.15 to fix multiple security issues.
Issues fixed :
- fix bnc#776038(CVE-2012-4285 / CVE-2012-4288 /
CVE-2012-4289 / CVE-2012-4296 / CVE-2012-4291 /
CVE-2012-4292 / CVE-2012-4293 / CVE-2012-4290),
bnc#772738 (CVE-2012-4048 / CVE-2012-4049)(fixed
- Security fixes :
- wnpa-sec-2012-13 The DCP ETSI dissector could trigger a
zero division. Reported by Laurent Butti. (Bug 7566)
- wnpa-sec-2012-15 The XTP dissector could go into an
infinite loop. Reported by Ben Schmidt. (Bug 7571)
- wnpa-sec-2012-17 The AFP dissector could go into a large
loop. Reported by Stefan Cornelius. (Bug 7603)
- wnpa-sec-2012-18 The RTPS2 dissector could overflow a
buffer. Reported by Laurent Butti. (Bug 7568)
- wnpa-sec-2012-20 The CIP dissector could exhaust system
memory. Reported y Ben Schmidt. (Bug 7570)
- wnpa-sec-2012-21 The STUN dissector could crash.
Reported by Laurent Butti. (Bug 7569)
- wnpa-sec-2012-22 The EtherCAT Mailbox dissector could
abort. Reported by Laurent Butti. (Bug 7562)
- wnpa-sec-2012-23 The CTDB dissector could go into a
large loop. Reported by Ben Schmidt. (Bug 7573)
- Bug fixes :
- Wireshark crashes on opening very short NFS pcap file.
- Updated Protocol Support
- AFP, Bluetooth L2CAP, CIP, CTDB, DCP ETSI, EtherCAT
Mailbox, FC Link Control LISP, NFS, RTPS2, SCTP, STUN,
See also :
Apply SAT patch number 6760.
Risk factor :
Low / CVSS Base Score : 3.3
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 64231 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now