This script is Copyright (C) 2012-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Among other things this update fixes security and stability issues in
various image format loaders. Security issues fixed include
CVE-2012-3403 and CVE-2012-3481.
Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.8.0 to GIMP 2.8.2
- Make tag matching always case-insensitive
- Let the tile-cache-size default to half the physical
- Mention that the image was exported in the close warning
- Make sure popup windows appear on top on OSX
- Allow file opening by dropping to the OSX dock
- Fix the visibility logic of the export/overwrite menu
- Remove all 'Use GEGL' menu items, they only add bugs
and zero function
- Improve performance of display filters, especially
- Fix the image window title to comply with the
save/export spec and use the same image name
everywhere, not only in the title
- Fix positioning of pasted/dropped stuff to be more
- Move gimpdir and thumbnails to proper locations on OSX
- Implement relocation on OSX
- Allow to use $(gimp_installation_dir) in config files
- Fix remembering of JPEG load/save defaults
- Revive the page setup dialog on Windows
Source and build system :
- Add Windows installer infrastructure
- Add infrastructure to build GIMP.app on OSX
- Lots of bug fixes
- List of translation updates
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected gimp package.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.8