This script is Copyright (C) 2012-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
This kernel update fixes the following security problems :
- A race condition allows local users to gain root
privileges by changing the file mode of /proc/self/
files in a way that causes those files (for instance
/proc/self/environ) to become setuid root. [#192688].
- A stack-based buffer overflow in CDROM / DVD handling
was fixed which could be used by a physical local
attacker to crash the kernel or execute code within
kernel context, depending on presence of automatic DVD
handling in the system. [#190396]. (CVE-2006-2935)
- Due to an argument validation error in
prctl(PR_SET_DUMPABLE) a local attacker can easily gain
administrator (root) privileges. [#186980].
and the following non security bugs :
- Limit the maximum number of LUNs to 16384 [#185164]
- LSI 1030/MPT Fusion driver hang during error recovery --
Optionally disable QAS [#180100]
- advance buffer pointers in h_copy_rdma() to avoid data
See also :
Apply ZYPP patch number 1900.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.2
Public Exploit Available : true