This script is Copyright (C) 2012 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
This version upgrade of wireshark to 1.4.11 fixes the following
security issues :
- RLC dissector buffer overflow. (CVE-2012-0043)
- multiple file parser vulnerabilities. (CVE-2012-0041)
- NULL pointer vulnerabilities. (CVE-2012-0042)
- DoS due to too large buffer alloc request.
- DoS due to integer underflow and too large buffer alloc.
- memory corruption due to buffer underflow Additionally,
various other non-security issues were resolved.
See also :
Apply ZYPP patch number 7943.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.8
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 58117 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now