This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a mail client that is potentially
affected by several vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 9.0 and thus, is
potentially affected by the following security issues :
- An out-of-bounds memory access error exists in the
'SVG' implementation and can be triggered when 'SVG'
elements are removed during a 'DOMAttrModified' event
- Various memory safety errors exist that can lead to
memory corruption and possible code execution.
- An error exists in the 'YARR' regular expression
library that can cause application crashes when
- It is possible to detect keystrokes using 'SVG'
- It is possible to crash the application when 'OGG'
'video' elements are scaled to extreme sizes.
- A use-after-free error exists related to the function
'nsHTMLSelectElement' that can allow arbitrary code
execution during operations such as removal of a
parent node of an element. (CVE-2011-3671)
See also :
Upgrade to Thunderbird 9 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 57352 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now