This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a mail client that may be affected
by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 6.0 and thus, is
potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Several memory safety bugs exist in the browser engine
that may permit remote code execution. (CVE-2011-2985,
CVE-2011-2989, CVE-2011-2991, CVE-2011-2992)
- A dangling pointer vulnerability exists in an SVG text
manipulation routine. (CVE-2011-0084)
- A buffer overflow vulnerability exists in WebGL when
using an overly long shader program. (CVE-2011-2988)
- A heap overflow vulnerability exists in WebGL's ANGLE
- A cross-origin data theft vulnerability exists when
using canvas and Windows D2D hardware acceleration.
- There is an error in the implementation of the
frames. This can be exploited to bypass the same-origin
policy and potentially conduct cross-site scripting
See also :
Upgrade to Thunderbird 6.0 or later.
Risk factor :
Critical / CVSS Base Score : 10.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.7
Public Exploit Available : false
Nessus Plugin ID: 55887 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now