This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that may be affected
by multiple vulnerabilities.
The installed version of SeaMonkey is earlier than 2.2.0. As such,
it is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Errors in the WebGL implementation can allow the
loading of WebGL textures from cross-domain images or
allow the crash of the application and execution of
arbitrary code. (CVE-2011-2366, CVE-2011-2368)
- An out-of-bounds read error exists in the WebGL
implementation that can lead to crashes and may allow
an attacker to read arbitrary data from the GPU,
including that of other processes. (CVE-2011-2367)
- An error exists in the decoding of HTML-encoded
entities contained in SVG elements. This error could lead
to cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2011-2369)
- An unspecified error exists that allows non-whitelisted
sites to trigger an install dialog for add-ons and
extremely large value, the iteration of array elements
that occurs when its reduceRight method is called could
result in code execution due to an invalid index value
being used. (CVE-2011-2371)
- A use-after-free error when viewing XUL documents with
scripts disabled could lead to code execution.
- Multiple memory safety issues can lead to application
crashes and possibly remote code execution.
- A memory corruption issue due to multipart /
x-mixed-replace images could lead to memory corruption.
See also :
Upgrade to SeaMonkey 2.2.0 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 55884 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now