This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
In addition to closing a DOS vulnerability (thanks to Jim Meyering),
this upstream feature release adds the following enhancements :
- Support for side-by-side diffs
- Support for repo content in 'about' view
- Improved integration with gitolite/gitweb
- Support for git notes in commit/log view
- Support for graph in log view (similar to 'git log
- Improved handling/display of path filters
- Clients can modify diff view parameters
- Support for directory listings in plain view
- Support for remote branches
- Support for range searches in log view (like 'git log
- Support for expansion of environment vars in certain
cgitrc options, which can simplify virtual hosting
The release announcement has a more complete changelog :
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected cgit package.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.0
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.3
Public Exploit Available : true