This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Fedora host is missing one or more security updates.
Telepathy-Gabble changes, including a security fix :
- fd.o#32390: Gabble now treats a request for a
ContactSearch channel with Server set to the empty
string as equivalent to not specifying a server, and
rejects requests where the JID specified for Server is
- fd.o#32874: Offline contacts are now assumed to
support 1-1 text channels.
- fd.o#34048: Malicious contacts can no longer trick
Gabble into relaying audio/video data via a server of
- fd.o#32815: fallback-conference-server now defaults to
conference.telepathy.im. Thus, if the user's server
doesn't have a conference component configured,
upgrading a 1-1 chat into an ad-hoc conference still
- fd.o#11291: support for xep-0092, Software Version.
- fd.o#33471: support for the FileTransfer.URI property.
Telepathy-Glib Enhancements include :
- Many doc fixes, including: TpBaseClientClass is now
included; INCOMING_MESSAGES is now explained.
- Compiler flags reordered (clang is order-sensitive) to
allow static analysis.
- Account Channel Requests now give you access to the
- The speculative debug cache may now be disabled at
compile time. tp_debug_sender_add_message_vprintf and
tp_debug_sender_add_message_printf added to allow
callers who care about optimisation to reduce debug
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected telepathy-gabble and / or telepathy-glib packages.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.4