This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host has one or more ActiveX controls installed
that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
The Oracle Document Capture client installed on the remote host is
potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- An unspecified vulnerability exists in the Import Export
utility. An attacker can exploit this to affect
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists related
to the EasyMail ActiveX control. (CVE-2010-3595)
- Insecure methods in the 'Actbar2.ocx' and 'empop3.dll'
ActiveX controls can be exploited to overwrite arbitrary
- An error in the 'WriteJPG()' method in the NCSEcw.dll
ActiveX control can be exploited to overwrite arbitrary
files or potentially cause a buffer overflow.
- An unspecified vulnerability exists in the Internal
Operations component. (CVE-2010-3592)
Note that the NCSEcw.dll control is actually from the ERDAS ECW/JP2
SDK developer toolkit from Intergraph.
See also :
If using Oracle's Document Capture client, apply the patch from Oracle
to disable the ActiveX controls.
If using a different application that includes the NCSEcw.dll control,
set the kill bit for the affect control as discussed in Hexagon
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.4
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.4
Public Exploit Available : true