This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
This kernel update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP3 kernel fixes
several critical security issues.
The following security issues were fixed :
- Incorrect buffer handling in the biarch-compat buffer
handling could be used by local attackers to gain root
privileges. This problem affects foremost x86_64, or
potentially other biarch platforms, like PowerPC and
- A kernel information leak via the WEXT ioctl was fixed.
- A kernel information leak via the XFS filesystem was
- A kernel information leak in the net eql code was fixed.
Additionally a data corruption bug in s390 was fixed :
- A race between /proc/pid/stat and fork in the S390
kernel could lead to data corruption.
See also :
Apply ZYPP patch number 7160.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.2
Public Exploit Available : true