This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Firefox is earlier than 3.5.12. Such
versions are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- The pseudo-random number generator is only seeded once
per browsing session and 'Math.random()' may be used to
recover the seed value allowing the browser instance
to be tracked across different websites. This was
originally covered by MFSA 2010-33, but was reportedly
fixed incorrectly until version 3.5.12. (CVE-2010-3171)
- Multiple memory safety bugs could lead to memory
corruption, potentially resulting in arbitrary
code execution. (MFSA 2010-49)
- An integer overflow vulnerability in HTML frameset element
implementation could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- A dangling pointer vulnerability in 'navigator.plugins'
could lead to arbitrary code execution. (MFSA 2010-51)
- It is possible to perform DLL hijacking attacks via
dwmapi.dll. (MFSA 2010-52)
- A heap overflow vulnerability in function
'nsTextFrameUtils::TransformText' could result in
arbitrary code execution on the remote system.
- A dangling pointer vulnerability reported in
MFSA 2010-40 was incorrectly fixed. (MFSA 2010-54)
- By manipulating XUL <tree> objects it may be possible
to crash the browser or run arbitrary code on the
remote system. (MFSA 2010-55)
- A dangling pointer vulnerability affects XUL <tree>'s
content view implementation, which could allow arbitrary
code execution on the remote system. (MFSA 2010-56)
- Code used to normalize a document could lead to a crash
or arbitrary code execution on the remote system.
- A specially crafted font could trigger memory corruption
on Mac systems, potentially resulting in arbitrary code
execution on the remote system. (MFSA 2010-58)
- It is possible to trigger a cross-site scripting
vulnerability using SJOW scripted function.
- The 'type' attribute of an <object> tag could override
charset of a framed HTML document, which could allow
an attacker to inject and execute UTF-7 encoded
- Copy-and-paste or drag-and-drop of an HTML selection
could trigger a cross-site scripting vulnerability.
- It is possible to read sensitive information via
'statusText' property of an XMLHttpRequest object.
See also :
Upgrade to Firefox 3.5.12 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 49145 ()
CVE ID: CVE-2010-2760
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now