This script is Copyright (C) 2010-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a mail client that is affected by
The installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 3.0.4. Such
versions are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Multiple crashes can result in arbitrary code execution.
- A select event handler for XUL tree items can be called
after the item is deleted. (MFSA 2010-17)
- An error exists in the way '<option>' elements are
inserted into an XUL tree '<optgroup>' (MFSA 2010-18)
- Session renegotiations are not handled properly, which
can be exploited to insert arbitrary plaintext by a
man-in-the-middle. (MFSA 2010-22)
- XML documents fail to call certain security checks when
loading new content. (MFSA 2010-24)
See also :
Upgrade to Thunderbird 3.0.4 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : false
Nessus Plugin ID: 45394 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now