This script is Copyright (C) 2009-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote web server is hosting an application that is affected by
multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
The remote host is running ListManager, a web-based commercial mailing
list management application from Lyris.
The installed version fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input
to multiple parameters / scripts before using it to generate dynamic
HTML output, such as :
- /scripts/message/message.tml: 'how_many_back',
- /read/attach_file.tml: 'page'
- /read/attachment_too_large.tml: 'page'
- /read/confirm_file_attach.tml: 'page'
- /read/login/index.tml: 'emailaddr'
- /read/login/sent_password.tml: 'emailaddr'
An attacker may be able to leverage these issues to launch cross-site
scripting attacks against users of the application.
Note that the installed version is likely to be affected by other
vulnerabilities, though Nessus has not tested for these.
See also :
Unknown at this time.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 4.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 4.1
Public Exploit Available : true