This script is Copyright (C) 2009-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote host contains a web browser that is affected by several
The version of Safari installed on the remote Windows host is earlier
than 4.0.3. Such versions are potentially affected by several
- A buffer overflow exists in the handling of EXIF
metadata that ccould lead to a crash or arbitrary code
- A vulnerability in WebKit's parsing of floating point
numbers may allow for remote code execution.
- A vulnerability in Safari may allow a malicious website
to be promoted in Safari's Top Sites. (CVE-2009-2196)
- A vulnerability in how WebKit renders an URL with look-
alike characters could be used to masquerade a website.
- A vulnerability in WebKit may lead to the disclosure of
sensitive information. (CVE-2009-2200)
- A heap-based buffer overflow in CoreGraphics involving
the drawing of long text strings could lead to a crash
or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2009-2468)
See also :
Upgrade to Safari 4.0.3 or later.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 40554 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now