This script is Copyright (C) 2009-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote host has an application that is affected by multiple
VMware products installed on the remote host are reportedly affected
by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A vulnerability in the guest virtual device driver could
allow an attacker to use the guest operating system to
crash the host operating system. (CVE-2008-3761)
- A denial of service vulnerability affects an unspecified
IOCTL contained in the 'hcmon.sys' driver. An attacker
can exploit this in order to deny service on a Windows-
based host. (CVE-2009-1146, CVE-2008-3761)
- A privilege escalation vulnerability affects the
'vmci.sys' driver on Windows-based machines. An attacker
can exploit this in order to gain escalated privileges
on either the host or the guest. (CVE-2009-1147)
- The 'VNnc' codec is affected by two heap-based buffer
overflow vulnerabilities. An attacker can exploit these
to execute arbitrary code on VMware hosted products by
tricking a user into opening a malicious file.
- A vulnerability in ACE shared folder may allow attackers
to enable previously disabled shared ACE folders. This
only affects VMware ACE. (CVE-2009-0908)
- A remote denial of service vulnerability affects Windows
hosts. An attacker can exploit this to crash the
affected host. (CVE-2009-0177)
- A vulnerability in the virtual machine display function
may allow a guest operating system to run code on the
- A vulnerability in VMware Descheduled Time Accounting
Service could be exploited to trigger a denial of
service condition in Windows-based virtual machines. It
should be noted that, this feature is optional, and
the vulnerability can be exploited only if the feature
is installed, and the affected service is not running in
the virtual machine. (CVE-2009-1805)
See also :
Upgrade to :
- VMware Workstation 6.5.2 or higher.
- VMware Server 2.0.1/1.0.9 or higher.
- VMware Player 2.5.2 or higher.
- VMware ACE 2.5.2 or higher.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.7
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 36117 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now