This script is Copyright (C) 2008-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host has an application that is affected by multiple
A VMware product installed on the remote host is affected by multiple
- A CPU hardware emulation flaw in certain VMware
products could allow a virtual CPU to incorrectly
handle a Trap flag. Successful exploitation of this
issue could lead to privilege escalation on the guest
operating system. An attacker would need an account on
the guest operating system and the ability to run
applications to exploit this issue. (CVE-2008-4915)
- By sending a malicious request from the guest operating
system to the virtual hardware, it may be possible to
cause the virtual hardware to write to an uncontrolled
section in the physical memory. (CVE-2008-4917)
See also :
Upgrade to :
- VMware Workstation 6.5.0/5.5.9 or higher.
- VMware Player 2.5.0/1.0.9 or higher.
- VMware Server 1.0.8 or higher.
- VMware ACE 2.5.0/1.0.8 or higher.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 6.9
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.4
Public Exploit Available : true