This script is Copyright (C) 2008-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host has an application that is affected by
The version of Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 installed on the
remote host is affected by multiple security issues :
- A vulnerability in the XML processing module of the JRE could allow
an untrusted applet/application unauthorized access to certain URL
- A buffer overflow vulnerability in font processing module of the JRE,
could allow an untrusted applet/application to elevate its privileges
to read, write and execute local applications with privileges of the
user running an untrusted applet (238666). Note this issue only affects
Sun Java JDK/JRE 5 Update 9 and earlier.
- A buffer overflow vulnerability in Java Web Start, could allow an
untrusted applet to elevate its privileges to read, write and
execute local applications available to user running an untrusted
- A vulnerability in Java Web Start, could allow an untrusted
application to create or delete arbitrary files subject to
the privileges of the user running the application (238905).
- A vulnerability in Java Web Start, may disclose the location of
Java Web Start cache (238905).
- Vulnerability in Sun Java Management Extensions (JMX) could allow a
JMX client running on a remote host to perform unauthorized actions
on a host running JMX with local monitoring enabled (238965).
- An implementation defect in the JRE, may allow an applet designed to run
'only' on JRE 5.0 Update 6 or later may run on older releases of the JRE.
Note this only affects Windows Vista releases of the JRE (238966).
- A vulnerability in the JRE could allow an untrusted applet/application
to elevate its privileges to read, write and execute local applications
with privileges of the user running an untrusted applet (238967).
- A vulnerability in the JRE may allow an untrusted applet to establish
connections to services running on the localhost and potentially
exploit vulnerabilities existing in the underlying JRE (238968).
See also :
Update to Sun Java JDK and JRE 5 Update 16 or later and remove if
necessary any affected versions.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 7.3
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 33487 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now