This script is Copyright (C) 2008-2016 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host has an application that is affected by
A VMware product installed on the remote host is affected by multiple
- A local privilege escalation issue in 'HGFS.sys' driver
included with the VMware Tools package, could allow an
unprivileged guest user to execute arbitrary code on the
guest system. It should be noted that installing the new
releases of the affected product will not resolve the
issue. In order to successfully apply this patch VMware
Tools package should be updated on each Windows based
guest followed by a reboot of the guest system.
- Multiple buffer overflow vulnerabilities in VMware VIX
API, which is disabled by default, could allow arbitrary
code execution on the host system from the guest
operating system. (CVE-2008-2100)
See also :
Upgrade to :
- VMware Workstation 6.0.4/5.5.7 or higher.
- VMware Player 2.0.4/1.0.6 or higher.
- VMware Server 1.0.6 or higher.
- VMware ACE 2.0.4 or higher.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.2
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.3
Public Exploit Available : false