This script is Copyright (C) 2008-2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by
The installed version of Netscape is affected by various security
- Several stability bugs leading to crashes which, in
some cases, show traces of memory corruption.
- Several file input focus stealing vulnerabilities
that could result in uploading of arbitrary files
provided their full path and file names are known.
- Several issues that allow scripts from page content
to escape from their sandboxed context and/or run
with chrome privileges, resulting in privilege
escalation, XSS, and/or remote code execution.
- An issue that could allow a malicious site to inject
newlines into the application's password store when
a user saves a password, resulting in corruption of
saved passwords for other sites.
- A directory traversal vulnerability via the
- A vulnerability involving 'designMode' frames that
may result in web browsing history and forward
- An information disclosure issue in the BMP
- A file action dialog tampering vulnerability
involving timer-enabled security dialogs.
- Mis-handling of locally-saved plaintext files.
- Possible disclosure of sensitive URL parameters,
such as session tokens, via the .href property of
stylesheet DOM nodes reflecting the final URI of
the stylesheet after following any 302 redirects.
- A failure to display a web forgery warning dialog
in cases where the entire contents of a page are
enclosed in a '<div>' with absolute positioning.
See also :
The Netscape Browser / Navigator has been discontinued. While these
issues were reportedly fixed in 220.127.116.11, it is strongly recommended
that you switch to the latest version of another browser, such as
Mozilla Firefox, which the Netscape Team recommends.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9.3
CVSS Temporal Score : 8.1
Public Exploit Available : true
Nessus Plugin ID: 31135 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now