This script is Copyright (C) 2005-2015 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Fedora Core host is missing a security update.
This update rebases the kernel to the latest upstream stable release,
which fixes a number of security issues. Notably :
- CVE-2005-0210 : dst leak
- CVE-2005-0384 : ppp dos
- CVE-2005-0531 : Sign handling issues.
- CVE-2005-0400 : EXT2 information leak.
- CVE-2005-0449 : Remote oops.
- CVE-2005-0736 : Epoll overflow
- CVE-2005-0749 : ELF loader may kfree wrong memory.
- CVE-2005-0750 : Missing range checking in bluetooth
- CVE-2005-0767 : drm race in radeon
- CVE-2005-0815 : Corrupt isofs images could cause oops
Additionally, a large number of improvements have come from the 2.6.10
-> 2.6.11 transition.
This update requires you are running the latest udev package, and also
(if you are using SELinux) the latest selinux policy packages.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
Family: Fedora Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 19648 (fedora_2005-313.nasl)
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now