This script is Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related
An Ethreal Security Advisories reports :
Issues have been discovered in the following protocol dissectors :
- The COPS dissector could go into an infinite loop. CVE:
- The DLSw dissector could cause an assertion. CVE : CAN-2005-0007
- The DNP dissector could cause memory corruption. CVE : CAN-2005-0008
- The Gnutella dissector could cuase an assertion. CVE : CAN-2005-0009
- The MMSE dissector could free statically-allocated memory. CVE:
- The X11 dissector is vulnerable to a string buffer overflow. CVE:
Impact: It may be possible to make Ethereal crash or run arbitrary
code by injecting a purposefully malformed packet onto the wire or by
convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
See also :
Update the affected packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.5
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.5
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: FreeBSD Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 19007 (freebsd_pkg_831a6a6679fa11d9a9e70001020eed82.nasl)
Bugtraq ID: 12326
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now