This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Fix the for the Key Reinstallation Attacks
- hostapd: Avoid key reinstallation in FT handshake
- Fix PTK rekeying to generate a new ANonce
- Prevent reinstallation of an already in-use group key
and extend protection of GTK/IGTK reinstallation of
WNM-Sleep Mode cases (CVE-2017-13078, CVE-2017-13079,
CVE-2017-13080, CVE-2017-13081, CVE-2017-13087,
- Prevent installation of an all-zero TK
- TDLS: Reject TPK-TK reconfiguration
- WNM: Ignore WNM-Sleep Mode Response without pending
- FT: Do not allow multiple Reassociation Response frames
Details and the paper: https://www.krackattacks.com/
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as
possible without introducing additional issues.
See also :
Update the affected 1:wpa_supplicant package.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.8
Family: Fedora Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 103884 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now