This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for xen to version 4.7.3 fixes several issues. These
security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2017-12135: Unbounded recursion in grant table code
allowed a malicious guest to crash the host or
potentially escalate privileges/leak information
- CVE-2017-12137: Incorrectly-aligned updates to
pagetables allowed for privilege escalation (XSA-227,
- CVE-2017-12136: Race conditions with maptrack free list
handling allows a malicious guest administrator to crash
the host or escalate their privilege to that of the host
- CVE-2017-11434: The dhcp_decode function in
slirp/bootp.c allowed local guest OS users to cause a
denial of service (out-of-bounds read) via a crafted
DHCP options string (bsc#1049578).
- CVE-2017-10664: qemu-nbd did not ignore SIGPIPE, which
allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service
(daemon crash) by disconnecting during a
server-to-client reply attempt (bsc#1046637).
- CVE-2017-12855: Premature clearing of GTF_writing /
GTF_reading lead to potentially leaking sensitive
information (XSA-230 CVE-2017-12855). These non-security
issues were fixed :
- bsc#1055695: XEN: 11SP4 and 12SP3 HVM guests can not be
restored after the save using xl stack
- bsc#1035231: Migration of HVM domU did not use
superpages on destination dom0
- bsc#1002573: Optimized LVM functions in block-dmmd
- bsc#1037840: Xen-detect always showed HVM for PV guests
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Container as a Service Platform ALL:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.2
CVSS Temporal Score : 5.3
Public Exploit Available : false
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 102952 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now