This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update provides Quagga 1.1.1, which brings several fixes and
enhancements. Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2017-5495: Telnet 'vty' interface DoS due to
unbounded memory allocation. (bsc#1021669)
- CVE-2016-1245: Stack overrun in IPv6 RA receive code.
(bsc#1005258) Bug fixes :
- Do not enable zebra's TCP interface (port 2600) to use
default UNIX socket for communication between the
daemons. (fate#323170) Between 0.99.22.1 and 1.1.1 the
following improvements have been implemented :
- Changed the default of 'link-detect' state, controlling
whether zebra will respond to link-state events and
consider an interface to be down when link is down. To
retain the current behavior save your config before
updating, otherwise remove the 'link-detect' flag from
your config prior to updating. There is also a new
global 'default link-detect (on|off)' flag to configure
the global default.
- Greatly improved nexthop resolution for recursive
- Event driven nexthop resolution for BGP.
- Route tags support.
- Transport of TE related metrics over OSPF, IS-IS.
- IPv6 Multipath for zebra and BGP.
- Multicast RIB support has been extended. It still is
- RIP for IPv4 now supports equal-cost multipath (ECMP).
- route-maps have a new action 'set ipv6 next-hop
- route-maps have a new action 'set as-path prepend
- 'next-hop-self all' to override nexthop on iBGP route
- New pimd daemon provides IPv4 PIM-SSM multicast routing.
- IPv6 address management has been improved regarding
tentative addresses. This is visible in that a freshly
configured address will not immediately be marked as
- Recursive route support has been overhauled. Scripts
parsing 'show ip route' output may need adaptation.
- A large amount of changes has been merged for ospf6d.
Careful evaluation prior to deployment is recommended.
- Multiprotocol peerings over IPv6 now try to find a more
appropriate IPv4 nexthop by looking at the interface.
- Relaxed bestpath criteria for multipath and improved
display of multipath routes in 'show ip bgp'. Scripts
parsing this output may need to be updated.
- Support for iBGP TTL security.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP3:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.4
Public Exploit Available : true