This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
This update to Wireshark 2.2.8 fixes some minor vulnerabilities could
be used to trigger dissector crashes, infinite loops, or cause
excessive use of memory resources by making Wireshark read specially
crafted packages from the network or a capture file :
- CVE-2017-7702,CVE-2017-11410: WBMXL dissector infinite
- CVE-2017-9350,CVE-2017-11411: openSAFETY dissector
memory exhaustion (wnpa-sec-2017-28)
- CVE-2017-11408: AMQP dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2017-34)
- CVE-2017-11407: MQ dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2017-35)
- CVE-2017-11406: DOCSIS infinite loop (wnpa-sec-2017-36)
See also :
Update the affected Wireshark packages.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8
Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
Nessus Plugin ID: 101970 ()
Get Nessus Professional to scan unlimited IPs, run compliance checks & moreBuy Nessus Professional Now