This script is Copyright (C) 2017 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
This update for xen fixes the following security issues :
- blkif responses leaked backend stack data, which allowed
unprivileged guest to obtain sensitive information from
the host or other guests (XSA-216, bsc#1042863)
- Page transfer might have allowed PV guest to elevate
privilege (XSA-217, bsc#1042882)
- Races in the grant table unmap code allowed for
informations leaks and potentially privilege escalation
- Insufficient reference counts during shadow emulation
allowed a malicious pair of guest to elevate their
privileges to the privileges that XEN runs under
- Stale P2M mappings due to insufficient error checking
allowed malicious guest to leak information or elevate
privileges (XSA-222, bsc#1042931)
- Grant table operations mishandled reference counts
allowing malicious guests to escape (XSA-224,
- CVE-2017-9330: USB OHCI Emulation in qemu allowed local
guest OS users to cause a denial of service (infinite
loop) by leveraging an incorrect return value
- CVE-2017-8309: Memory leak in the audio/audio.c allowed
remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory
consumption) by repeatedly starting and stopping audio
- CVE-2017-8905: Xen a failsafe callback, which might have
allowed PV guest OS users to execute arbitrary code on
the host OS (XSA-215, bsc#1034845).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding
description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable
has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible
without introducing additional issues.
See also :
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3-LTSS:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Sale 11-SP3:zypper in -t patch
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP3:zypper in -t patch
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.
Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 7.8
CVSS Temporal Score : 6.6
Public Exploit Available : false